Developed in partnership between Uniting and CHIA NSW, the Working with Older Tenants Toolkit is a brand new resource for providers facing the challenges of accommodation for an ageing population.
The Working with Older Tenants Toolkit is a resource for any providers supporting tenants ageing in place (i.e. Community Housing Providers, Aged Care Providers, long-term accommodation providers).
The modules in this Toolkit focus on key issues that impact Older Tenants, and best practice solutions for providers to utilise. Modules included cover:
- Module 1.1 Checklist Communicating with older tenants from a CALD background
- Module 1.2 Checklist Return to country for older Aboriginal tenants
- Module 2.1 My Aged Care Assessment Flowchart
- Module 2.2 Checklist Refusal to engage with My Aged Care
- Module 3.1 Making buildings easier for people with dementia and other cognitive impairments
- Module 3.2 Easy Read Guide Applying for home modifications
- Module 4.1 Checklist Indicators that might suggest elder abuse is occuring
- Module 4.2 Resource Legal responses to capacity issues and elder abuse
If you have any questions regarding the Working with Older Tenants Toolkit, please contact Adam West, Head of Business Development (CHIA NSW) at email@example.com.
CHIA NSW thanks and acknowledges the NSW Department of Communities and Justice who provided funding to complete this project. CHIA NSW thanks and acknowledges Sue Cripps of SC Consulting who contributed significantly to the development of the Toolkit.