ACHIA will incorporate as an independent entity in the 2020-21 financial year.
The Aboriginal Community Housing Industry Association (ACHIA NSW) is the new peak body for Aboriginal Community Housing Providers in NSW. The purpose of ACHIA is to be the industry body for Aboriginal Community Housing Providers in NSW and in doing so, to:
• Promote the human rights of all Aboriginal people in NSW to decent, affordable and secure housing;
• Promote the right of all Aboriginal people to self-determination, including the right to choose a culturally appropriate social landlord;
• Develop and support public policy which promotes a more just housing system for Aboriginal people in NSW;
• In partnership with counterpart organizations across Australia, develop and promote policy at a national level for housing justice and self-determination for Aboriginal people;
• Support the development of best practice in the provision of housing for Aboriginal people by encouraging networking and collaboration between Aboriginal Community Housing Providers; and
• Support the provision of culturally appropriate housing by mainstream housing providers.
ACHIA’s charter describes why and how we operate.
Our charter describes our mission to empower Aboriginal providers, tenants and communities.
Find out the latest news
ACHIA regularly shares movements and announcements from our organisation, our sector, and beyond.