Community housing providers are often at the front line dealing with the fallout of domestic and family violence. Not only do they need to keep women experiencing family violence and their children safe, they also have to manage the housing situation of both the victims and the perpetrators.
This toolkit offers community housing providers practical resources, strategies and information to support engagement with perpetrators of domestic and family violence. The toolkit is accompanied by a series of supporting resources, which community housing providers can adapt to suit their needs.
• Working with DFV perpetrators – collaboration checklist
• Building a web of accountability – a checklist to strengthen CHP practice
• Web of accountability – case study
• Policy template- responding to perpetrators of DFV within a tenancy
• Policy template- DFV and the workplace
• Referral pathway for perpetrators of DFV
• Tips for engaging with tenants who perpetrate violence
• No To Violence Factsheet
• Home Visits Safety Checklist
• Training Options