Session 1 & 2 | 9 &16 Nov | ENROL NOW
Session 1 & 2 | TBA | ENROL NOW
Session 1 & 2 from 9.30am – 3.30pm
Free – CHIA NSW Members Only
Group bookings available by enquiryEnquire
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Induction Course provides new workers with information to assist them understand their work in community housing and what role they play in delivering high quality services to their customers and tenants. This course offers all new workers a structured program to develop an understanding of the industry, the current environment of service delivery, the issues which each new worker may need to address during their work and individual support mechanisms. It is well known that a programmed induction will help new employees adjust to their new working environment, critically engage the worker and assist in their future retention.
- Understand the social housing industry and the development and growth of community housing.
- Identify the housing policies (internal and external) which impacts on the delivery of services to customers and tenants.
- Identify the issues which may impact customers and tenants.
- Understand the principles, best practice and values behind the work undertaken.
- Prepare strategies which will ensure your own wellbeing in your work.
- Introducing the social and community housing environment to explore what is social and community housing, the structure of social housing in the context of different housing types
- Working effectively in the social housing environment with a focus on legal and ethical requirements, self-care and reflective practice
- Identifying factors in promoting good customer service in an environment where housing professional are required to engage with a culturally diverse and increasingly complex needs customer base
Who Should Attend
- Frontline workers
The course is delivered via online Zoom workshops or face-to-face. Two full day sessions delivered a week apart.