Managing challenging behaviour is a significant issue for Community Housing Providers in sustaining tenancies and maintaining good neighbour policies. This session will explore good practice for managing challenging behaviour, investigate resources available through the toolkit and, reflect on and explore how you manage difficult situations.
9:30AM – 3:30pm
Online via Zoom
$275 Incl. GST
15 November 2023
18 April 2024
6 June 2024
Group bookings by enquiry
- Identifying challenging behaviour and the different levels of this behaviour.
- Managing challenging behaviour through use of early intervention techniques of communication, negotiation and mediation.
- Implementing a good practice approach across your organisation.
- Meeting legal, regulatory and ethical requirements.
- Identifying self-strategies to manage people with challenging behaviour.
- Identifying support services available within the local community.
- Defining challenging behaviour.
- Outlining the legal framework for managing anti-social behaviour.
- Exploring good practice approaches through case studies.
- Examining and reflecting on your self-awareness in managing tenants with challenging behaviour.
- Exploring the resources available through the toolkit and what will be relevant for your workplace.
- Frontline workers
- Housing specialists
- Team leaders
The course is delivered online via Zoom during a workshop style session. Participants will also be able to access the Approaches to Managing Anti-social Behaviour Toolkit.
Need to chat?
If you are unsure which Professional Development course would suit you best, contact our CHIA NSW Learning & Development team by calling on (02) 9690 2447 or sending us an email with your enquiry.